Among one of the few aspirations of a middle-class person, having a car which suits their family surely has a spot on that list. Where on one hand a nuclear family goes for a 5-seater luxury car on the other hand family with approx 8-10 members goes for an 8-seater car.
Indian automobile sector for cars is huge. A car company in India have some fixed criteria while manufacturing cars for Indian buyers. Mileage, affordability, and strong built-up according to road condition are a few of the important aspects. Automobile companies are trying to make the Best Mileage Car In India.
Due to post covid inflation, the buyers are not only worried about the cost of the car but also about their further expense on fuel, maintenance etc. So, buyers are looking for the best fuel-efficient cars in India. Let us look at the Top 5 Best Mileage Cars In India.
Hyundai Verna S Plus Diesel
- Hyundai Verna is one of the most stylish, luxury 5-seater affordable cars in India.
- Hyundai Verna comes has six different variants ranging from Rs 9,00,000 to 1500000. On-road price Hyundai Verna S plus is around 14,00,000 and present in six different colours which are- Phantom black, fiery red, starry night titan grey typhoon silver and polar white.
- This car is one of the Top 5 Best Mileage Car In India.
- Hyundai Verna S plus is very popular for its fuel efficiency as it provides a mileage of 24 km per L on the highway and around 18 km per L in the city with a fuel tank capacity of 45 L.
- It has a powerful engine of 1493 cc which is available with a Manual transmission which puts out the 113.45bhp at the rate of 4000rpm and maximum torque of 250Nm at the rate of 1500-2750rpm.
- Its average service cost per year is around Rs.3,976.
- It comes with a front McPherson strut with coil spring suspension and coupled torsion beam axle rear suspension.
- Front tyres come with disc type break whereas rear brake comes with drum type brake.
Hyundai i20 sports diesel
- Hyundai i20 is a popular affordable fuel-efficient family car among middle-class people.
- Hyundai i20 has various variants which ranges from Rs. 9,00,000 to 12,00,000. On the road price of the Hyundai i20 Sportz, diesel is around 10 lakh rupees.
- It is one of the Top 5 Best Mileage Car In India. Which gives mileage up to 25 km on highways and city mileage up to 15kmpl. This surely comes to have its spot in the top 5 cars with the best mileage in India. It is not only fuel efficient it is having a pretty good fuel storage capacity which is around 37.0L.
- It has a powerful 4-cylinder engine of 1493cc which produces max power of 98.5 bhp at the rate of 4000 rpm and maximum torque of 240 Nm at the rate of 1500-1750rpm and it comes with a manual transmission.
- Its average service cost per year is around Rs.3743.
- It comes with front McPherson Strut suspension and Coupled torsion beam axle rear suspension.
- The front tyres of the car come with a Disc brake and the rear tyres of the tyres have Drum type braking system.
- It is not only fuel efficient it is fast too. It can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in a short period of 10.6 sec and its braking system are impressive which can decelerate the car from100-0 kmph within a short distance of 24.31 m.
Honda City Hybrid
- Honda city has always been the dream luxury car of middle-class people. It is a beautiful car with a great driving experience.
- On the road price of the Honda City, the hybrid version is around Rs 20,00,000.
- Honda city hybrid is an advanced version of this luxurious car which comes with a dual system of both electronic as well as the liquid fuel system. At this time where the world is shifting to electronic vehicles which in turn results in many problems such as lack of charging systems, malfunctioning the electric system etc. Honda city hybrid is a great choice for the buyer.
- The dual system of the Honda city hybrid simply uses a petrol engine to charge batteries and power the motor when discharged.
- This dual system of power generation results in an impressive mileage of 26.5 kmpl on highways. It is one of the Top 5 Best Mileage Car In India.
- Honda city hybrid has a powerful 4 cylindrical engine of 1498cc which generates maximum power of 96 bhp at the rate of 5600-6400rpm and maximum torque of around 127 Nm at the rate of 4500-5000. This hybrid vehicle comes with an automatic transmission-type engine.
- It has an impressive fuel storing capacity of 40L.
- Some of its exclusive features such as an Electronic Parking Brake and ADAS make this luxurious car stand out of the league.
Maruti Baleno Alpha
- Maruti is one of the oldest and most trusted cars manufactured in India and recently Baleno of Maruti has become a very popular car.
- Maruti has launched many variants of Baleno which range from Rs6,00,00 to Rs. 10,00,000. The on-road price of its top-selling model Maruti Baleno Alpha is around 10,00,000 rupees.
- This model is very popular due to its fuel efficiency as it gives 22.35 kmpl of mileage on highways and around 16kmpl of mileage in the city. It has a sufficient fuel tank capacity of 37.0 L.It is one the Top 5 Best Mileage Car In India.
- Maruti Baleno Alpha has a powerful cylindrical engine of 1197cc which produces a maximum power of 88.50 bhp at the rate of 6000rpm and maximum torque of 113Nm at the rate of 4400rpm. This comes with a manual transmission type of engine.
- It has a front MacPherson Strut suspension and torsion beam rear suspension.
- The front tyres of this vehicle have a Disc Brake system and the rear tyre have Drum type rear brake.
Maruti Dzire ZXI Plus AT
- Whenever a person thinks about having an affordable, dependable, fast, or we can say an overall package, Maruti Dzire must be a car on his/her list. Dzire series of Maruti is one of the most popular cars in India.
- Dzire series has many variants and the price range starts from Rs.6,00,000 to 11,00,000. Out of which Maruti Dzire ZXI AT has an on-road price of Rs 10,00,000.
- This variant of Dzire is a very fuel-efficient vehicle which offers a mileage of 24.12 kmpl on highways and 17kmpl in the city. It has an impressive fuel storage capacity of 37 L.It is one of the Top 5 Best Mileage Car In India
- It has a very powerful 4 cylindrical engine of about 1197cc which can generate a maximum power of 88.50 bhp at the rate of 6000rpm and maximum torque of around 113 Nm at the rate of 4000 rpm. It comes with an automatic transmission-type engine.
- It has a front MacPherson Strut suspension and a torsion beam rear suspension which provide stability to this vehicle.
- The front tyre of this vehicle has a Disc Brake Type System on the other hand rear tyres have a Drum type brake system.
- This car is very durable and requires average maintenance of Rs. 3546 every year.
The Indian automobile industry is growing day by day and as the competition and research in this sector will increase there will be growth in the efficiency of cars too. Today also there could be many other alternatives other than the above list which are fuel efficient durable and dependable.
Some of those cars are as follows -:
- Honda city -24 kmpl
- Hyundai Aura-25kmpl
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio-23kmpl
- Maruti Eeco Cargo-23kmpl
- Honda Amaze-27.4 kmpl
- Maruti AltoK10 – 24.9 kmpl
- Maruti Grand Vitara- 27.8 kmpl