As the Diwali festivities settle, the anticipation for a different kind of spectacle heightens – the arrival of the Lamborghini Revuelto in India on December 6, 2023. Beyond being a mere launch, this event marks a significant milestone in the evolution of supercars, where Lamborghini transcends tradition and embraces a new era of automotive excellence. This article delves into the technical prowess that makes the Revuelto more than just a car—it’s a testament to Lamborghini’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of performance and innovation.
Design and Aesthetics
The Lamborghini Revuelto is not just a car; it’s a piece of art on wheels. Its angular front end, marked by muscular panels and distinctive Y-shaped LED DRLs, pays homage to Lamborghini’s rich heritage. The rear, adorned with LED taillights reminiscent of the Lamborghini Centenario, exudes an aesthetic that is both futuristic and rooted in tradition. Inside the cockpit, the “Feel Like a Pilot” concept comes to life with simplicity, symmetry, and a driver-focused approach.
Powertrain and Performance
What propels the Lamborghini Revuelto into a league of its own is its revolutionary powertrain. The integration of a 6.5-liter naturally aspirated V12 engine with three electric motors results in a mind-boggling total output of 1015 PS. This plug-in hybrid marvel accelerates from 0-100kmph in a jaw-dropping 2.5 seconds, reaching a top speed that exceeds 349kmph. The harmonious blend of the V12 engine’s roar and the electric motor’s instantaneous torque delivery promises an unparalleled driving experience.
Launch Anticipation and Market Competition
Enthusiasts across India eagerly await the unveiling of the Lamborghini Revuelto, priced at around Rs 8 crore (ex-showroom). This supercar is poised to rival the Ferrari SF90 Stradale, setting the stage for a thrilling competition between two automotive titans. The launch transcends a mere automotive event; it symbolizes a moment where Lamborghini redefines the boundaries of luxury, performance, and environmental consciousness.
Interior and Technology Integration
Inside the Revuelto, form and function converge seamlessly. The cockpit, adorned with exclusive hexagon-shaped elements, creates a futuristic environment that connects the driver to the machine. Technological innovation takes center stage with a suite of connected technologies borrowed from Lamborghini’s Urus and Huracán models. Augmented Reality further elevates the driving experience.
The Lamborghini Revuelto introduces groundbreaking features that redefine automotive innovation. The external design honors Lamborghini’s tradition while ushering in a new era with sharply sculpted lines and a carbon fiber monocoque inspired by aeronautics. This monofuselage maximizes weight reduction, tensional stiffness, and strength, prioritizing the safety of the vehicle’s occupants.
- Displacement: 6498.5 cm³ (396.6 cu in)
- Max Power (Combined ICE+EE): 1015 CV
- Top Speed: >350 km/h
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 2.5 s
- Combined Consumption (Fuel/Electric): Data in type approval stage
- Combined CO2 Emissions: Data in type approval stage
- Type: V12 NA 6.5 l
- Bore x Stroke: 95 mm x 76.4 mm (3.74 x 3.01 in)
- Compression Ratio: 12.6:1
- Max. Power (KW/CV): 825 CV (607 kW) @ 9250 rpm
- Max. Torque: 725 Nm @ 6750 rpm
- Weight-to-Power Ratio: 1.75 kg/CV
- Lubrication System: Dry sump
- Cooling System: Liquid-cooled – dedicated circuit for HV components
- Emission Class: EU6; LEV III; CN6b
- Transmission Type: AMT
- Gearbox: 8 gears
- Clutch: Dual clutch
- Battery: Lithium-ion high-specific power battery with pouch cells
- Generator: Rear P2-P3 eMotor (110kW @10000rpm)
- Electric Engines: Front e-axle (220kW @3500rpm)
- Top Speed: >350 km/h
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 2.5 s
Body and Chassis
- Frame: Multi-technology carbon fiber monocoque, front structure in Forged Composites
- Body: Carbon fiber body, aluminum doors, thermoplastic front and rear bumpers
- Aerodynamics: Active rear wing featuring 3 positions according to different driving modes and dynamics
- Front Rims: 20 x 9.5j (21 x 9.5j optional)
- Rear Rims: 21 x 12j (22 x 12.5j optional)
- Front Tires: 265/35 ZR20 – Potenza Sport Runflat (265/30 ZR21 – Runflat optional)
- Rear Tires: 345/30 ZR21 – Potenza Sport Runflat (355/25 ZR22 – Runflat optional)
Steering and Suspension
- Control System: Electronic Stability Control (ESC) integrating ABS and TCS with different characteristics according to the driving mode selected
- Suspension Type: Front and rear double wishbone with LMR dampers – Lamborghini Magneride
- Steering System: EPS – Electric Power Steering
- Brake Type: CCB Plus (Carbon Ceramic Brakes Plus) brakes with fixed monoblock calipers in aluminum with 10 pistons (front) and 4 pistons (rear)
- Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs (Front): 410x38mm
- Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs (Rear): 390x32mm
- Airbags: Driver, passenger, side airbags. Knee airbags only for specific markets
- Length: 4947 mm
- Width (Excluding Mirrors): 2033 mm
- Width (Including Mirrors): 2266 mm
- Height: 1160 mm
- Front Track: 1720 mm
- Rear Track: 1701 mm
- Wheelbase: 2779 mm
- Dry Weight: 1772 kg
- Weight Distribution: % 44/56
- Monocoque: The carbon fiber monocoque extends to the front end, creating a monofuselage inspired by aeronautics.
- Engine: A revolutionary V12 engine with improved efficiency, combustion system, and reduced weight.
- Gearbox: An 8-speed double-clutch gearbox located transversally behind the engine for optimal weight distribution.
- Driving Modes: 13 different driving experiences, spanning from fully electric to high-end performance.
- Aerodynamics: Four pillars of efficiency, components synergy, integration, and design inspiration.
- LDVI 2.0: Lamborghini Integrated Vehicle Dynamics redesigned for dynamic traction and control.
The Lamborghini Revuelto, with its electrifying fusion of power, design, and innovation, is set to make an indelible mark on the Indian automotive landscape. As it prepares to roar onto the streets of India, it brings not just a car but a revolution—an ode to the relentless pursuit of excellence that defines the Lamborghini legacy. December 6, 2023, will not merely be a launch; it will be a celebration of automotive artistry and engineering prowess. Get ready to witness the dawn of a new era in supercar supremacy, courtesy of the Lamborghini Revuelto.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Lamborghini Revuelto’s power output?
The Lamborghini Revuelto boasts a combined power output of 1015 CV, achieved through a V12 engine and three electric motors.
2. When is the official launch date of the Lamborghini Revuelto in India?
The Lamborghini Revuelto is set to be launched in India on December 6, 2023.
3. How fast can the Lamborghini Revuelto accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h?
The Revuelto accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in a breathtaking 2.5 seconds.
4. What is the top speed of the Lamborghini Revuelto?
The Lamborghini Revuelto boasts a top speed of over 350 km/h.
5. What are the key features of the Revuelto’s interior?
The Revuelto’s interior features a driver-focused cockpit with a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and a 9.1-inch passenger-side display.
6. How is the design of the Lamborghini Revuelto inspired?
The design of the Revuelto is inspired by Lamborghini tradition, featuring an angular front end with muscular panels and Y-shaped LED DRLs. It draws inspiration from models like the Lamborghini Sian and Centenario.
7. What is the expected price of the Lamborghini Revuelto in India?
The Lamborghini Revuelto is expected to be priced around Rs 8 crore (ex-showroom) in India.
8. How does the hybrid powertrain of the Lamborghini Revuelto work?
The Revuelto features a plug-in hybrid powertrain with a 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 engine paired with three electric motors, delivering a total output of 1015 PS.
9. Can I book the Lamborghini Revuelto in India?
Bookings for the Lamborghini Revuelto are likely to be limited, with the model reportedly sold out until 2026. However, Lamborghini India may have secured a few allocations.
10. What are the main rivals of the Lamborghini Revuelto in India?
In India, the Lamborghini Revuelto will be a direct rival to the Ferrari SF90 Stradale.