Finally, after much anticipation, Kia has officially unveiled the new Carnival, giving us a glimpse of its striking exterior design. This luxury MPV is set to debut in South Korea and will soon make its way to India. In this article, we will take a closer look at the design elements of the all-new Kia Carnival, as well as what to expect from its interiors and engine specifications.
New Kia Carnival – Exterior Design
The front fascia of the new Carnival has received a significant update and draws inspiration from Kia’s flagship SUV, the EV9. One of the most notable changes is the introduction of a new and imposing Tiger Nose grille design with elegant chrome surrounds. Complementing the grille are inverted L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) that extend toward the center of the vehicle, providing a unique visual appeal. The sleek, vertically placed headlamps follow an ice cube pattern, adding a touch of modernity to the design. The lower bumpers are adorned with black cladding, housing the radar for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). The bonnet features sharp cuts and creases, contributing to the new Carnival’s muscular and commanding presence.
Moving to the side profile, the sheer length of the MPV becomes evident. Large windows dominate the side, not only providing passengers with ample natural light but also enhancing the sense of spaciousness within the already roomy cabin. The front doors open conventionally, while the rear doors feature a sliding mechanism, making ingress and egress hassle-free. Additionally, the rear doors are equipped with request sensors for added convenience. The new alloy wheel design exudes a futuristic vibe, further accentuating the Carnival’s appeal. Side steps and roof rails are integrated into the design, maintaining a clean and sleek appearance with minimal cuts and creases.
At the rear, Kia has meticulously designed the Carnival. The large rear windscreen, complete with an integrated rear spoiler, adds a touch of sophistication to the vehicle. The rear wiper is discreetly tucked beneath the spoiler, ensuring a clean and uncluttered look. The almost connected tail lamps echo the design elements of the headlamps, creating a cohesive visual theme. Reflectors and reverse lamps are neatly integrated into the lower bumpers, contributing to a well-designed tailgate.
What about Interiors?
While the interior of the new Carnival is yet to be revealed, it is expected to undergo a significant design overhaul. Drawing inspiration from the EV9, we can anticipate a twin-display setup featuring a touchscreen and a digital instrument cluster that will dominate the dashboard. To further enhance the sense of luxury, the new Carnival is likely to feature a soft-touch dashboard and soft-touch door pads. Expectations also include wing-out headrests, ventilated seats, dual sunroofs, and other premium features that have been a hallmark of the Carnival’s offerings.
Kia has not officially disclosed the engine specifications for the Carnival facelift at the Auto Expo 2023. However, globally, the Carnival is available with a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and a 2.2-litre diesel engine. In the Indian market, the petrol variant might not be introduced, making the 2.2-litre diesel engine the likely choice. This diesel engine is capable of producing 200bhp and 441Nm of torque. Transmission options are expected to include an automatic gearbox, providing a smooth and refined driving experience.
New Kia Carnival – Launch & Pricing
Kia has confirmed its plans to launch the new Carnival in India, although the exact timeline has not been provided. It is anticipated to arrive sometime in 2024. As for pricing, the new Carnival is expected to be brought into the Indian market via the Completely Knocked Down (CKD) route. With the new design and features, a significant price increase can be anticipated compared to the previous Carnival model. The pricing for the new Carnival is estimated to reach around Rs 50 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).
In conclusion, the all-new Kia Carnival showcases an impressive exterior design, drawing inspiration from Kia’s flagship SUV. With its bold front fascia, spacious and elegant interiors (as anticipated), powerful engine options, and a promising launch in the Indian market, the new Carnival is set to make a mark in the luxury MPV segment. Keep an eye out for more updates and a comprehensive review once the Carnival is officially launched in India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When was the new Kia Carnival officially revealed?
- The new Kia Carnival was officially revealed after a long wait.
2. What design elements from the flagship SUV EV9 inspire the new Carnival’s exterior?
- The new Carnival draws inspiration from the EV9’s design elements, particularly its imposing Tiger Nose grille and sleek headlamp pattern.
3. How does the new Carnival enhance the sense of space inside the cabin?
- The large windows in the side profile of the new Carnival contribute to a sense of spaciousness within the cabin.
4. What type of door mechanisms are employed in the new Carnival?
- The front doors of the new Carnival open conventionally, while the rear doors feature a sliding mechanism for easy access.
5. What engine options are available for the new Kia Carnival globally?
- Globally, the Carnival is available with a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and a 2.2-litre diesel engine.
6. What type of engine is expected to be offered in the Indian market for the new Carnival?
- The new Carnival will likely be equipped with a 2.2-litre diesel engine capable of producing 200bhp and 441Nm of torque for the Indian market.
7. When can we expect the new Kia Carnival to launch in India?
- While a specific launch date hasn’t been announced, the new Carnival is expected to arrive in India sometime in 2024.
8. How will the new Carnival be priced in India?
- The new Carnival is expected to come to India via the CKD route, leading to a significant price increase compared to the previous model. The pricing is estimated to be around Rs 50 lakh (on-road, Mumbai).
9. What interior features can we expect in the new Kia Carnival?
- Although interior details are yet to be officially revealed, the new Carnival is expected to feature a twin-display setup, soft-touch materials, wing-out headrests, ventilated seats, and dual sunroofs.
10. What is the design theme of the new Carnival’s rear end?
- The rear end of the new Carnival features almost connected tail lamps that mimic the design elements of the headlamps, creating a cohesive and stylish design theme.